- We added 7 countries to our Limelight travel-work list: Belgium, Australia, Singapore, Ukraine, Ethiopia, the United States, and Norway.
- We launched Limelight Academy, and we are already in the middle of our second Masterclass.
- We now have a communications team of two to spread great news.
- Our in-house team is growing, too, another warm welcome to Alex, Soma, and András!
- We talked at two conferences, in Aberdeen and in Singapore.
- We had several joint projects with Nexxt Technology, an amazing team that we want to collaborate with more in the future.
- We had our own artwork custom designed for one of contemporary artist Gabriel Schama’s pieces, and had it on display at The Other Art Fair in Los Angeles.
- We were featured on Colossal, The Economist, El Mundo, Good Morning Art, and Business Insider – just to name a few.
Sign of Life
Secrets of the Universe
It’s the second time already, and it still moves me. I was so overwhelmed with gratefulness and happiness looking at my screen, seeing the 72 applications from 26 countries, and the enthusiasm you all shared. We have applicants that have a vast amount of experience, and are winners of mapping contests that the Academy aims at offering an alternative for. That’s just a-m-a-z-i-n-g. It’s fucking exhausting, but I kinda want to have a Masterclass every month. Every week. As often as we can. The overwhelming reaction from the scene and the community is proof that this is what we have to do, this is something that you all missed and are happy to have. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity, and we are going to push this as far as we can.
It’s my personal purpose to create artworks that raise awareness and inspire people all around the globe. We’re lucky to create in an art form that can reach millions of people, and even though it usually isn’t considered street art or public art, I have always looked at projection mapping that way.
Limelight Academy that was born of our Co-Founder, István’s sudden idea, grew into a worldwide, one-of-a-kind program within weeks that he’s now very proud of, and, in his words, “it’s like it’s been with us forever.” And what an amazing start that was! We built up the program in a week and landed our first Projection Mapping Masterclass with Factory Light Festival in Norway. It’s been a dream of István’s to work with them – and dreams come true, right?
I had doubts about the number of applications when we launched the program and only had about 10 days before the deadline – due to many other projects we could only fit it to our timeline that way. Artist calls usually appear months before the deadline to allow enough time for spreading the word, and even like that, I often see deadlines extended due to the lack of applicants. We just didn’t have the chance to do it that way – when the idea came it was already late and we just didn’t want to miss the chance to start this exceptional program.